We’re expanding our product team and looking for a bright, pragmatic and self
software engineer to help us keep pace with customers’ demands and further accelerate the
growth of the Schoolscreener platform.
You’ll be managing the delivery of new features with our external partners as well as being responsible for delivering code over the full ‘stack’ — from development of our browser – based user interface, to the server APIs and data processing behind them. You’ll have the satis faction – and the responsibility – of seeing your work being relied on by many of our users in the UK and increasingly, overseas. We run a small yet productive development team with lightweight processes that enable us to deliver frequent software updates. We’re continually refining and extending all aspects of the SchoolScreener platform in response to feedback from our users. With this in mind, you’ll need to structure code for reliability, reusability and simplicity, so we can continue to scale the platf orm while responding quickly to user demands.
We currently work with a wide range of technologies including . net, C#, MSSQL, JQuery, AngularJs and Angular8 and Desktop Application Windows WPF. If you have experience in these that’s great, but it’s more imp ortant you understand the core principles of good software design, aren’t too wedded to a particular language and are able to learn new things quickly (we’ll be there to support and guide you along the way).
There’s an informal and flexible work environmen t here and you’ll have a key role within it as we continue to grow. Whether you’re a recent graduate with some early experience looking to jump – start your career or an experienced engineer looking for flexibility, this is a propitious time to join a fast – growing company.
What You’ll Be Doing
- develop new product features;
- refine existing functionality and fix bugs;
- work with the development team on API design and evolution;
- build and maintain automated tests;
- draft implementation plans using our wiki and other online documentation tools;
- document issues in our issue management system;
- provide input on development of the core SchoolScreener platform;
- adhere to and help guide our coding standards and processes;
- keep up-to-date with technology and industry trends;
- communicate and share challenges and achievements openly with theSchoolScreener team; and
- contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the company.
What We’re Looking For
- You’re a clear-thinking software engineer able to cut throughcomplex problems andwrite simple, understandable and reliable code.
- You have a deep understanding of the principles of good user interface design andan attention to detail which you can demonstrate with examples of your work.
- You have experience in server-side and web development.
- You’re eager to learn and share knowledge of new technologies and practices.
- You’re able to explain complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues.
- You have experience of version control software such as Git.
- You have a degreein computer science, engineering or a related field.
- £32,000–£36,000 depending on experience, plus £2,000 company target salesbonus.
- Work from home, anywhere in the UK.
- SchoolScreener provides a unique communication platform for school health and occupation health, used by a large number of school nursing teams and parents across the UK. In partnership with the NHS and other public health organisations, SchoolScreener works to support the delivery of school based public health activities
- We strive to be a diverse, pleasant and supportive company to work for, with an inclusive approach where we share ideas and learn from each other.
- For more information visit www.schoolscreener.com.
To Apply Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com